Re: Automatic flyspell

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Automatic flyspell
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 00:38:02 +0100

Haines Brown <haines@engels.histomat.net> writes:

> In exploring how to get flyspell enabled for all
> text files, I get impression these should work, but
> despite them I remain in the Fundamental mode with
> the only minor mode being Fill. ...

I have this:

    (setq text-mode-hook (lambda () (auto-fill-mode) (abbrev-mode)))

Try add `flyspell-mode' to the list. And remove the
stuff you don't like...

But it won't work in fundamental mode, of course. In
text mode, it should work, and when you get that to
work it should be the same principle with any other
mode in which you might (?) want to enable flyspell.

--
underground experts united