RE: project-management

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: project-management
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:27:42 -0800 (PST)

> I'm writing several ebooks at present, and also maintain the
> documentation of a couple of projects, all done in latex. I'm now
> finding a problem in "project management".
>
> How do I have a list of "projects" to choose from, that will then
> open up all previously open files for that project please? This will
> be controlled via an "easy-menu" entry. So how can I do it please?
> I'm imagining that the latex projects will have to be explicitly
> stated as part of the script, but thats as far as I've been able to
> go.

A project can mean many things.  If for you it is essentially a set
of files (whether under a single directory or located anywhere), then
Bookmark+ might be able to help.  You can bookmark a set of files and
switch to it by "jumping" to the bookmark.  You can associate any
function with a bookmark, as a handler, so jumping to it can do
whatever else you like, as well.

You can also bookmark Emacs desktops.  When you jump to a desktop
bookmark, you switch to its desktop.  And you can tag bookmarks with
(any number of) arbitrary strings or name+value pairs.

Tags are one way to define sets of files/buffers.  Other ways
include using different bookmark files (and you can bookmark a
bookmark-file) or different bookmark-list displays (and you can
bookmark a bookmark-list display).

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus