Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 03:27:14 +0000

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> I find that trying to have both flyspell and autocorrect-ispell working in
> the same buffer results in unusably slow autocorrect behavior; if I start a
> word, it takes up to 5 second for a suggestion to appear. I am using the
> hunspell dictionary for both. Upon disabling flyspell, ac-ispell works fine.
> Anyone have these two working in tandem? How did you do it?
>
> Related: issue submitted on ac-ispell at
> https://github.com/syohex/emacs-ac-ispell/issues/8

I find that flyspell by itself leads to unusably slow Emacs behaviour.
It may just be that autocorrect-ispell pushes even more commands to the
spelling process.

You could perhaps try using speck-mode, which is faster.  I don't do
that, I use M-$ and sometimes M-x ispell-buffer.  Xah Lee has
described these problems:
http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_spell_checker_problems.html

BR,
Robert Thorpe