Re: zsh outside of Emacs (was: Why do we need a number of different term

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: zsh outside of Emacs (was: Why do we need a number of different terminal modes in Emacs?)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 01:22:46 +0100

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> Sorry, I meant what advantages do I get compared to
> a separate Terminal emulation running my GNU screen
> sessions?
>
> I don't see much difference between Alt-TAB +
> XOrg-copy&paste and C-x b + Emacs-copy&paste

It is not only a matter of copy and paste back and
forth! If that is your only concern the whole system
is integrated as it is.

No, if you have any data in an Emacs buffer, you can
immediately put all of Emacs to work on that data,
just as you can put all of Emacs to (re)produce it.
And this can be automatized big with no glue in
between.

Now that sounded really advanced but it can be really
down to Earth things. You will experience the benefits
of an integrated interface with common input methods
and documentation/configuration very soon if you
didn't already.

--
underground experts united