Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 05:35:47 +0100

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

>> I also recall using Emacs in Windows unpleasant to say
>> the least.
>>
>> Emacs is Emacs to some extent but Emacs doesn't exist
>> in a vacuum. If you use it on Windows you will miss
>> out a lot: convenience (everyone assumes you're on
>> some Unix); you miss out culture and technology.
>>

> Yeah, using Emacs in Windows is OK, except for missing many things...

Can you both provide hard facts instead of vague FUD about what makes
Emacs on Windows an unpleasant experience?

My Emacs setup is far from trivial and I couldn't say on which OS I am
using by just observing how I interact with Emacs. Gnus, Org, Evil,
Magit, AUCTeX, a dozen minor packages, 2000+ lines on .emacs and coding
on multipe programming languages, all is the same, except for the few
customizations that tells Emacs the directories where certain
executables and data files are stored.