Re: How do I make windows emacs display PNG and JPEG images?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I make windows emacs display PNG and JPEG images?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:27:14 +0200

> From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:20:49 +0100

> >> libpng-version's value is 10403
> >> No match for libjpeg-version.
>
> > Right, that's the problem.  You need libpng14-14.dll or libpng14.dll
> > for PNG, and jpeg62.dll for JPEG.  See w32-win.el for the full list.
>
> I couldn't find old versions of the DLLs somewhere on the ezwinports
> sites? (I looked for an "Old Releases" folder that sourceforge sites
> sometimes have, but couldn't find it).

You did the right thing -- upgraded your Emacs instead -- but should
you need old versions in the future, you will probably find them via
the "wayback machine" site.  I find it invaluable in getting hands on
old files and pages that are no longer available anywhere.

I deliberately delete old versions from the ezwinports site to avoid
getting people into DLL hell.