Re: manual activism

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: manual activism
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 05:20:52 +0100

Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:

> Oops. There are a few books with that title. This
> one is about hackers.
>
> I don't actually see an ebook, but I did find a site
> that would let me download a PDF if I registered.
>
> Not really interested in the subject matter, so I
> won't download.
>
> Still haven't identified a good reason to get in the
> car and drive to the library. I can certainly find
> huge volumes of information about hacking online.

That was just an example when I thought you never read
a single book in your life (but that book is great
fun). For people who read a lot, like several hours
every day, it is *very good* for them to go to the
bookstore and public library as often as possible, the
more the better. Nothing say you have to do it by car
- you can walk or ride a bike or even take the bus or
subway or whatever public transportation is in your
city. Everything is better than to fiddle with a
device at your home 24/7 which would be the result if
millions of book-worms were to switch to e-books only
(if they indeed would accept that, which they
wouldn't). More, they would also loose "touch" with
one of typically very few physical objects that
remains to their lives: most book-worms aren't exactly
forest workers, or boxers in their spare time. You
are only "I don't need it" all the time - OK, so you
don't need it. But many people do.

--
underground experts united