ispell-buffer with latex-mode doesn't spell buffer or whole-buffer regio

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: ispell-buffer with latex-mode doesn't spell buffer or whole-buffer region
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 04:19:36 +0100

This is a possible bug which I will report unless
someone convinces me otherwise.

In latex-mode, `ispell-buffer', which is

    (ispell-region (point-min) (point-max))

doesn't work.

But if I set the region to (1+ (point-min)) it works.

Worst thing, not only doesn't it work, it tells you
spelling is done, so you think there are no errors. I
have been "spelling" my LaTeX some time now and
noticed some typos when I yanked some into a message
buffer where it worked alright (with `ispell-message')
- otherwise I wouldn't have known (I usually don't
spot my own typos when I read).

It'll be interesting to hear what you make of it.

--
underground experts united