Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:05:17 -0700

Mike <mastali.mehrdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your replies. But I do not want to find what is the problem
> with init file (because I know it is the last line that I added). The problem
> is running gdb by Emacs. Whenever I try to run gdb in Emacs by M-x gdb, first
> it says
>
> Run gdb (like this): gdb -i=mi myfile
>
> and after pressing return it says that
>
> searching for program: No such a file or directory, gdb

Well, the bottom line is that you probably want to have these two forms
in your init file:

    (setenv "PATH" "/usr/local/bin:$PATH" t)
    (add-to-list 'exec-path "/usr/local/bin")

Alternatively, you could just install the `exec-path-from-shell' package
from MELPA and add this to your init file:

    (exec-path-from-shell-initialize)

However, my impression is that the thing blocking these solutions at the
moment is a mysterious error in your init file.

Based on the error ("end of file while reading"), it sounds like you
have a mismatched quote/paren/bracket somewhere. But nothing's
mismatched in what you posted, so it's hard to be specific.

--
john