Re: Emacs for Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:24:49 +0300

> From: E Sabof <esabof@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 23:37:38 +0100
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Last time I've tried using Emacs on Windows

When was that?

> finding adequate replacements for Unix utilities and libraries was a
> problem.

Which utilities did you not find easily, and where did you look?  I
can show 3 URLs where you will find MinGW binaries of everything
(well, everything I have on my systems ;-).

> There should be demand for a well-researched, batteries-included distribution.

I don't think everything should be in the same zip, though.  Doing so
causes trouble in the long run, because different packages have
different schedules, and you want to upgrade to the newer versions
from time to time.