Re: Enable hl-line-mode with recentf

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Enable hl-line-mode with recentf
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:08:34 +0200

> I want to enable hl-line-mode when I use recentf-mode
>
> (recentf-mode t)

I'm not sure I understand.  In which buffer do you want lines
highlighted - in the file selection dialog buffer (recentf-mode only
places a submenu in the menu-bar)?  Then you probably wanted to

  (add-hook 'recentf-dialog-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)

That isn't very useful, though.  The file names in the dialog buffer are
buttons, and they are not highlighted by `hl-line-mode', only the (tiny)
rest of the line.

Michael.