RE: emacsclient command line use existing client

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: RE: emacsclient command line use existing client
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:28:14 +0000

Are you setting the name of the server in your startup script? Maybe this
option will help:

'-s server-name'
'--socket-name=server-name'
Connect to the Emacs server named server-name. The server name is given by the
variable server-name on the Emacs server. If this option is omitted,
emacsclient connects to the first server it finds. (This option is not
supported on MS-Windows.)

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and
delete the message.  Thank you.