Re: emacs and beginning of lines

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: emacs and beginning of lines
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:21:52 +0200

Dnia 2014-09-08, o godz. 18:34:09
Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> [sorry for previous post — misclicked a button]
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Marcin Borkowski
> <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:
>
> > If you use a VCS and look at a diff from time to time, filling might
> > be a bad idea.  (Though visual-line-mode is not helpful then,
> > either.)
>
> +1.
> For diff-friendly marked-up text,
> it probably makes sense
> to semi-arbitrarily split lines
> so that each line is more or less a logical unit,
> like this reply.

Exactly.

Now I started to wonder how to make an "auto-fill on steroids", which
would do that for me...

It is not as silly as it sounds.  I have a friend who does some
research about automatic translation, language analysis and correction
etc.  I am fairly confident that something like this could work.  Of
course, it would not work 100% of the time, but for that, even 80%
might be fine.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski