Re: A package in a league of its own: Helm

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: A package in a league of its own: Helm
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:19:52 +0100

I could rebind helm to make it use tab and delete like ido, although I
think it would still not be as nice as ido. Say I do find-file in a
directory, then select src, then uk, then ac, then ncl (as in a java
project), in ido I go C-xC-f s [rtn][rtn][rtn][rtn] because ido offers
"uk" and the others as the first completion. Helm offers "." and ".." as
the first two, so I have to do C-xCf s
[right][down][down][right][down][down][right]. Or I have to hit the
first key of "uk", then "ac" -- all of which requires thinking about.

I've been using projectile, but with ido -- this is what is giving you
the completion you show?

Well, I am writing. Across the top of the helm-find-file session, my
buffer says:

C-j: Hit1 Expand Candidate, Hit2 or (C-u) Find file
find-file (`C-l': Go up one level)

What does "Hit1" and "Hit2" mean?

Phil