Re: writing your own theme and tabbar

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: writing your own theme and tabbar
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:39:14 +0400

Sharon Kimble (2014-08-22 19:46 +0400) wrote:

> I'm trying to develop/write my own theme which is doing more or less
> what I want, except for 'tabbar'. This is what I have -
>  '(tabbar-selected-highlight ((t (:background "black" :foreground "red"
> :height 85))))
>  '(tabbar-selected-modified ((t (:background "black" :foreground "red"
> :weight bold :height 85))))
>  '(tabbar-default ((t (:inherit variable-pitch :background "gray" :foreground
> "black" :weight bold :height 85))))
>  '(tabbar-selected ((t (:inherit tabbar-default :background "black"
> :foreground "red" :weight bold :height 85))))
>  '(tabbar-modified ((t (:background "black" :foreground "red" :weight bold
> :height 85)))))
>
> And what I'm looking for in the tab of the buffer that I'm in is a black
> background with red text. But its not happening, instead what I'm
> getting is red text on a light green background.
>
> [...]
>
> How can I achieve my goal please of red foreground on a black background
> for every tab/buffer that is currently in use, i.e. I'm writing in that
> buffer.

Hello,

Do you use tabbar from <https://github.com/dholm/tabbar>?  I see there:

  tabbar-default
  tabbar-unselected
  tabbar-selected
  tabbar-modified
  tabbar-highlight
  tabbar-separator
  tabbar-button
  tabbar-button-highlight

but not `tabbar-selected-highlight' and `tabbar-selected-modified'.

But you seem to ask only about `tabbar-selected'.  I don't see problems
with that part.  I tried analagous code in my themes and it works.  The
only thought I have about that is: perhaps you have another line with
"tabbar-selected" somewhere in your theme which overrides that one.
If not, try your theme with "emacs -Q".

--
Alex