RE: Can I make "cd" in shell work like eshell?

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Can I make "cd" in shell work like eshell?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:06:08 +0000

Shell mode tries its best to keep track of your current directory, but it can't
always.

You can synch shell-mode with the shell inside it by M-<RET> (M-x
shell-resync-dirs).

Be careful though! You have to be at a shell prompt since emacs runs a command
and then uses its output to figure out the current directory.

,Doug
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224 or ext 4335

"This is a slow pup," he said continuing his ascent.