Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Kro Ly
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:12:25 -0700 (PDT)

Le lundi 18 août 2014 17:37:50 UTC+2, Yuri Khan a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Kro Ly <mnmnmnmna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks everyone but xsel doesn't seem to work and I have found no solution.
> > It say "xsel: can't open display: (null): success. I'm on ubuntu 12.04
> > using the first console (ctrl + alt + f1).
>

> Before running xclip or xsel, you might want to set the DISPLAY
>
> environment to indicate the X display whose selection or clipboard you
>
> want to access, e.g.:
>

> $ DISPLAY=:0 xsel -o

this worked perfectly :
$ export DISPLAY=:0
$ xsel -b
;; return what I copied in the GUI.

the quanyang's script works fine on emacs now, I'm happy :)

thanks to everyone for having tried to help me.
for those who are curious about why I'm using emacs in the terminal, it just
reminds me my childhood :)