Re: Starting in full-screen mode?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Starting in full-screen mode?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:50:13 -0700

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can Emacs set itself into full-screen mode under MS-Windows when starting?
>
> Have you tried putting -mm on the command line?

Interesting!  Why didn't I see that one coming..?

I tried this and got an interesting result.  I generally start Emacs as
an X client under Cygwin on MS-Windows.  When I started "emacs -mm",
Emacs came up in (I think) full-screen size, but it was partially
off-screen, so I had to reposition it and hit the Maximize button
anyway.  I suspect that there is a mismatch between Cygwin's Emacs
24.3.1 and the X-Window interface under Cygwin.

Anyone else notice the problem?

--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large