RE: reducing font size

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: reducing font size
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm developing/writing my own theme which will have everything in it
> that I want that other themes don't have in them! Sounds arrogant but
> its quite easy to do using "M-x customize-create-theme", and its fun!:)
>
> Anyway, I use tabbar and want to have the font of that and the mode-line
> smaller, but I can't find out how. Can anyone give me some pointers as
> to where to look please?

This might be one place to start:
http://www.emacswiki.org/SetFonts#ChangingFontSize

Probably you just want to customize the relevant faces, setting their fonts to
the sizes you want. E.g., use `M-x customize-face' and change the `Height'
value.

For the mode line there are two faces: `mode-line' and `mode-line-inactive'.
For tabbar.el, it is probably face `tabbar-default' that you want.