Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 02:20:22 +0200

>> Isn't it good that he asked on gnu.emacs.help so
>> that you can tell him it is a bug so that he can
>> report it?
>
> No, it's just a waste of my time.

Of course *now* the OP knows it is a bug, probably he
didn't know that when he posted, unless he (very
unlikely) was unware of the bug report function.

>> Often it is not clear if something is a bug and most
>
> If something used to work and now fails to work in
> your non-released piece of software, then you should
> always report it as a bug. Of course, we may reply
> "this is explained in the NEWS file", so double check
> the NEWS file first.

Yes, this is better - general guidelines (or
"instructions" downright) what to do - FAQ material (if
it isn't there already).

Question: "Non-released" software, I suppose that
includes the emacs24 (or 24.3+1-4+b1) or

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-06-06 on barber, modified by Debian

because I have the same problem, as said. Do you have
to get it from the stable Debian repositories for it to
be "released"?

--
underground experts united