Re: Cannot set mouse pointer / cursor color on Mac OS X (10.9)

From: Joe Matarazzo
Subject: Re: Cannot set mouse pointer / cursor color on Mac OS X (10.9)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 05:43:56 +0000 (UTC)

Looks like I can brute-force a solution by recompiling from source, and modify
nsfns.m like so:

  NSImage *joeIbeam = [NSImage imageNamed:@"joeIbeam"];
  f->output_data.ns->text_cursor = [[NSCursor alloc] initWithImage:joeIbeam

hotSpot:NSMakePoint(4,7)];
// f->output_data.ns->text_cursor = [NSCursor IBeamCursor];

where joeIbeam.tiff is a simple copy of the system ibeam with the black pixels
replaced by something bright and garish. :)

After rebuilding and copying Emacs into the Applications/Emacs.app hierarchy,
along with joeIbeam.tiff into the Resources part of said hierarchy, I got my
wish. Nice ugly but very visible text cursor.

FWIW, there are comments in the source as well that set-mouse-color doesn't have
an implementation path on nextstep. So I guess it's this or nothing.

Joe