Re: Selection threshold with mouse

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: Selection threshold with mouse
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:27:01 +0900 (JST)

I am a little behind discussions.  To me for a first thought, to add
offset to click event on line 5116 of keyboard.c is a start.  I think
this is what Eli inferred.  However, I understand at the same time,
this leads mis-operation when follow hyperlink.

In regard to offset, reaction for drag (selection) matters more than
click.  If offset can be applied only for drag but click, hyperlink is
not concern.

on keyboard.c
 5114     if (part == ON_TEXT)
 5115   {
*5116    xret = XINT (x) - window_box_left (w, TEXT_AREA) + (FONT_WIDTH/2);
 5117     yret = wy - WINDOW_HEADER_LINE_HEIGHT (w);
 5118   }