Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 07:27:34 +0300

> Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:08:06 +0700
> From: Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com>
> Cc: "help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> > I feel a bit lost because emacs doesn't show
> > tabs. I work on multiple projects, I get distracted by various things,
> > but when I come back to the seat it is the tabs that
> > remind me which project I was last working on.
> >
> > I know C-x C-b pops it up, but involves multiple keys and it also
> > takes a a lot of screen real estate.
> >
> > I'm wondering how others overcame this.
>
> You might want to have a look at tabbar-mode.

That's one way.  Another one is to have separate frames dedicated to
different projects/activities.  You switch to a frame when you need to
get back to the project/activity specific to that frame.  Each frame
in Emacs "prefers" the buffers used in that frame, so switching
between buffers within a frame is likely to be easy, without mixing
buffers from other frames.