Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 01:12:10 +0200

solidius4747@gmail.com writes:

> I wrote part 3:
> http://tuhdo.github.io/emacs-tutor3.html
>
> It includes popular packages that people are
> using. If you are new to Emacs, it would be useful.

I wouldn't call that tutorial "mini"!

It is clear you put a very big effort into this. You
should get a medal, or some part of the gold stashed in
IET, the International Emacs Treasury (if there is
one).

But, this makes me think, did you experience any
shortcomings or "gaps" in the official Emacs manual?
Perhaps you could integrate your project with it,
somehow. If not, the official Emacs people should put a
link to your project from the official site, at least,
if they didn't already.

Feedback on the material itself: the part on MELPA,
what I can see it misses one essential part, namely how
to *submit* code: both how that is done in practice,
and guidelines on the Elisp itself (or references, if
you don't feel like writing this all over).

Keep it up!

--
underground experts united