Re: How to get rid of 'read-only' on region when mouse-copying it from j

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to get rid of 'read-only' on region when mouse-copying it from jabber mode ?
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 10:37:00 -0400

> I've noticed a very weird thing, everytime I am trying to mouse copy text
> from jabber-mode (version 20140225), resulting paste is a read-only
> text region.

You might try M-x report-emacs-bug (tho the bug might also be in
jabber-mode).  In any case, to figure it out, we'll probably need more
details.  E.g. describe *in detail* what you do and what you see.
E.g. you say "resulting paste is a read-only text region" but you don't
say what makes you think so.  Similarly you say "mouse copy text" but
this can mean various different things, so you need to say which buttons
you press, and when, and where you press them.

        Stefan