Re: Emacs starts with current screen contents in its display buffer

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: Emacs starts with current screen contents in its display buffer
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 01:02:07 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Segundo Bob wrote:

My system:

        GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
of 2014-03-07 on toyol, modified by Debian

        Xubuntu32 14.04

I installed Xubuntu32 14.04 on 2014-06-12. I noticed this problem almost immediately. The screen contents belonging to other applications is NOT in the emacs buffer that is saved to disk, but it is displayed. This makes emacs unusable for me.

I have spent several hours over these past weeks Googling for anyone reporting a similar problem, but I have found no relevant information. This probably means that my problem is not a widespread problem with the Ubuntu release.

Who is supposed to clear the "display buffers"?  Linux or Emacs?

I will appreciate any help.
--
Segundo Bob

I am running xubuntu and I am not getting that problem.
This is what I have in my .emacs
;; Switch off start up message to have scatch buffer
(setq inhibit-startup-message t)
;; Nothing in scratch buffer
(setq initial-scratch-message nil)

There may be better ways of achieving this but I have only recently started to use emacs.

james