RE: Why aren't `find`, `find-if`, `remove-if` part of Emacs Lisp?

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Why aren't `find`, `find-if`, `remove-if` part of Emacs Lisp?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:55:03 +0000

I only wanted to say that (*-if) would be very natural.

No language is perfect, if only because size versus completeness will never
have a balance that makes everyone happy. (Think: assembler on one end and ADA
on the other (or, gasp! Wolfram).) This is a compromise every programmer lives
with. Emacs Lisp has a pretty good library, but is big enough that I still find
new things just stumbling through the *Info*.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

LISP: The most intelligent way to misuse a computer.