RE: Customising menus... removing bars

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Customising menus... removing bars
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 13:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

> I want to remove the Buffers, Tools, Lisp-Interpreter, Help - to put it
> simply.

In your init file:

(define-key global-map [menu-bar buffer] nil)
(define-key global-map [menu-bar tools] nil)
(define-key global-map [menu-bar help-menu] nil)

Lisp-Interpreter is mode-specific.  Find the major mode that uses it and
then remove it from that major-mode's keymap (instead of `global-map', as
above).

> I don't want all the contents of File, Edit, Options really.

Look in file `menu-bar.el', find which menu items you want to remove, and set
those command bindings to nil.