`call-interactively' and prefix args

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: `call-interactively' and prefix args
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:46:31 +0200

Hi List,

,---------------------------------------------------------
| (call-interactively FUNCTION &optional RECORD-FLAG KEYS)
`---------------------------------------------------------

does not have an (optional) ARG argument for passing prefix args to the
called command.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun foo (&optional arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (print arg))
#+END_SRC

#+results:
: foo

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results output
 (call-interactively 'foo )
#+end_src

Evaluated with C-u C-c C-c the code block actually results in

#+results:
: (4)

otherwise in nil.

So, when I have an (interactive) command cmd1 that calls a
non-interactive function fun that calls another (interactive "P")
command cmd2 with `call-interactively' - can I assume that a prefix arg
(e.g. by C-u) given before calling cmd1 will be transferred to cmd2?

--
cheers,
Thorsten