Re: Debugger output

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Debugger output
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 15:38:27 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:
>
>> Everytime I start emacs now I get a big problem with this -
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Stack overflow in regexp matcher")
>>   re-search-forward("^[^%]*\\\\usepackage.*{biblatex}" nil t)
> [...]
>
>> *That* is my "Debugger/backtrace" buffer! And I haven't a clue in
>>  how to sort it out! Can anyone help please? I did try to have the
>>  code inline, but gnus did not play ball!
>>
>> I've tried renaming "2014a.org" but it made no difference as the new
>> file was tried to be referenced. And I must have that file which is
>> my daily journal, laid out like this -
>> * May
>> ** 31 Sat
>> blah blah, etc.
>>
>> Can anyone help please?
>
> Without digging any deeper, I would suggest to try the non-greedy
> variant of * in the regexp (i.e. *?). Maybe it helps and still does the
> job ...
>
>  ,------------------------------------------------------------
>  | re-search-forward("^[^%]*\\\\usepackage.*{biblatex}" nil t)
>  `------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find where biblatex and regexp were both called together,
so I ended up using the "shotgun-approach", i.e. commenting out all
references to regexp in the "setup-orgmode" file, now everything
loads properly with no problems.

When I use biblatex I'm mostly writing in latex-mode anyway, so its
no problem.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, MATE 1.8.1, emacs 24.3.91.1