Re: artist-mode/aa2u

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: artist-mode/aa2u
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 22:52:33 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Inserting α is identical to inserting \alpha – just
> use tex input method in emacs

Do you type \alpha and it (well) "expands" to the Greek
letter? Like an abbrev? If so, I don't like that, I
like what I type is what I get.

> Of course in the long run even this is way too much.
>
> I need one keystroke to type an 'a' 1½ (that is
> 1-and-a-half if you cant see it) to type a 'A' — a
> shift+A chord. I would expect all standard heavily
> used keys to be upto 3-4 keystrokes away. eg the half
> above is 3 keys: Compose+1+2. [Ive set compose to the
> Windows-menu key]

I still think it is much better just to type
\alpha. Faster and more solid. Five years from now, you
still remember it.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573