Howto set german keyboard for emacs

From: Schönwald , Oliver
Subject: Howto set german keyboard for emacs
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 21:46:30 +0000

Hello,

I'm using a standard issue german keyboard. I use emacs on a SUN Solaris
server. My client machine runs Windows 7 with Exceed as X-Server.

When I use emacs using the -nw option anything is alright on the console.
However, when I use emacs in its X11-mode, the key with the < and > is ignored
by emacs.

I already found out that I had to change the input-method to german to get at
least the Umlaute and some of the other german layout (ß-key) working. But the
<>-key doesn't work with that, too.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schönwald