Re: [blfs-support] bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappro

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: [blfs-support] bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 17:29:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

Sorry but since I cannot determine if emacs could be ""guilty""
I post on the emacs mailing list as well.

I recall the problem. Sorry for those who already heard about it.

M-x shell functions perfectly for root and produces the error
message in the subject of this mail for any other user.

1. Everyone has only the /etc/profile has bash startup file.

2. env set shopt after M-x shell give the same result for root
and the users.

I suspect that some file or device has not the right permission
but I cannot determine what. /dev/tty is rw for anybody, as
well as /dev/ptmx.

When root launches M-x shell something appears in /dev/pts but
not when a user do.

Regards

Pierre