Re: Independent differently-configured instances running concurrently

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Independent differently-configured instances running concurrently
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 17:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, April 28, 2014 8:10:27 PM UTC-4, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

#!/bin/bash
HOME=$HOME/emacs/homes/vanilla
export PATH="~/.cask/bin:$PATH"
/bin/bash
# emacs

What's the purpose of the second /bin/bash occurrence?  My impression is
that this script is just not your final version (with "emacs" commented
out ...)?

I'm not sure how I can be more clear, the fact that each .emacs.dir is a
tracking remote from my central repository, in case I want/need to run git
commands before and/or after I run emacs. Saves maintaining a dual set of
scripts for every instance - when I've climbed the linux learning curve a bit
I'll check out that suggestion wrt the rc file.

But so far see no need for creating new users. . .

@Robert - well buying separate hardware for just this purpose wouldn't simplify
things 8-)