Re: `#` in org mode links doesn't open correctly?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: `#` in org mode links doesn't open correctly?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:53:03 -0400

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm putting together a reading list file for SICP and I'm linking
>> directly to the HTML version of the book.
>>
>> Many of the links include target data with them (i.e.
>> `link#some-target`) and when I call `org-open-at-point` it corrupts
>> the link by incorrectly converting `#` to `%23`.
>>
>> How can I get this to behave properly?
>
> I just switched to outorg and used C-c C-l to insert this link with
> Org-mode:
>
> [[http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-10.html#%25_sec_1.1.5][SICP-LINK]]
>
> which looks like this when copied from w3m:
>
> ,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-10.html#%_sec_1.1.5
> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> but the Org link, besided being modified, works with org-open-at-point
> or w3m-browse-url for me, so it does not really seem to be corrupted?

What do you mean, 'besides being modified'?

I'm on `GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0)`. Any chance
you're on a more recent version and this is a bug that was fixed? I
just confirmed that if I drop into fundamental mode and directly use
browse-url-at-point, the behavior still happens.

I'm using Chrome as my browser.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.