How to commit using VC in Mercurial, when many files are changed?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: How to commit using VC in Mercurial, when many files are changed?
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:07:48 +0200

Hi all,

as in the subject line.  When I do C-x v v, I am asked for the commit
message; after hitting C-c C-c, it turns out that only the changes to
the current file were committed.  (It seems to me that the docstring
says something different...)  It would be natural then (I guess) for
C-u C-x v v to commit changes in all the files, but unfortunately it
doesn't seem to work that way.

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 24.3.1.

Any suggestions (other than using Monky, which I'll probably end up
using...)?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski