Re: C-v on cua-mode

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: C-v on cua-mode
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:13:12 +0100

Tak Kunihiro <tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am eager to force people in our laboratory to utilize power of Emacs
> to write a LaTeX document.  But I cannot turn them around from TeXShop
> or TeXworks.
>
> I believe cua-mode helps.  Then my personal issue arises. I am happy
> with C-z, C-x, and C-c; however, I cannot get along without C-v.
>
> Is there a nice, possible, and practical solution?
>
> Best regards,
> Tak Kunihiro

Have you tried 'Simpleclip'? "simpleclip.el --- Simplified access to the
system clipboard"

";; By default, Emacs orchestrates a subtle interaction between the
;; internal kill ring and the external system clipboard.
;;
;; `simpleclip-mode' radically simplifies clipboard handling: the
;; system clipboard and the Emacs kill ring are made completely
;; independent, and never influence each other.
;;
;; `simpleclip-mode' also enables support for accessing the system
;; clipboard from a TTY where possible.  You will likely need to
;; set up custom keybindings if you want to take advantage of that.
;;
;; To use simpleclip, place the simpleclip.el library somewhere
;; Emacs can find it, and add the following to your ~/.emacs file:
;;
;;     (require 'simpleclip)
;;     (simpleclip-mode 1)"

I use it all the time and its very good and nice to use. Have a look-see.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.1