Re: nnmairix

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: nnmairix
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:08:05 +0100

phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with nnmairix? Any pointers what I might
> be doing wrong?

I'm running it, but getting it there was quite hard.

There was some explanation of the process in the Gnus manual, I think,
which you should follow.

Especially, it was necessary to define a suitable ~/.mairixrc.  This is
mine:

base=~/Mail/archive
mfolder=~/mairix
mh=...
mformat=mh
omit=zz_mairix-*
database=~/.mairixdatabase

I think the "mformat" specification was important.

Second, it was necessary to setup a mairix server in the Gnus server
buffer, and to subscribe the right groups from it.

Sorry that I can't help more.

Michael.