Re: replacing a function with another one

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: replacing a function with another one
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:58:57 +0100

lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> > You can specify the pattern save file in the local variables
> > section at the end of a file, but before a hi-lock mode specification,
> > like here:
> >
> > Local Variables:
> > hi-lock-patterns-file: "patterns.txt"
> > mode: hi-lock
> > End:
>
> Apparently this doesn´t work because hi-lock-mode is called before the
> variable is getting a value assigned.  See `hack-one-local-variable´ in
> files.el --- IIUC, it calls the mode before it makes the variable.  It´s
> hilarious ...

No, that works well here, I've tested in detail what I had posted here,
and it worked well.  AFAIK, local variable specifications are processed
in the order as they appear textually in the file - I see that in the
code.  Maybe this is not the case in your Emacs version ... or you
didn't use it in the intended way.

Michael.