Running WebKit browser in Emacs!

From: Daniel Hackney
Subject: Running WebKit browser in Emacs!
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:22:01 -0500

For another approach, see my old project Ezbl [1]. It used the XEmbed
Emacs branch to communicate with the Uzbl [2] web browser. I stopped
working on it because it wasn't useful without compiling Emacs from
source and I think XEmbed might have had some stability problems at the
time. What's nice about my approach (aside from the obvious benefits of
NIH-compliance) is that Uzbl is embedded directly, rather than being
displayed as an image. I imagine this would be more efficient.

Awesome work though! It would be great if someone got a fully-viable
Emacs web browser working.

[1] https://github.com/haxney/ezbl
[2] http://www.uzbl.org/

--