Re: Face for the space in the window beneath the contents of the buffer?

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Face for the space in the window beneath the contents of the buffer?
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 15:04:26 +0100

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like some visual indication of where the contents of the buffer
> ends. I've always thought it would be nice to have a different color
> for the space beneath the buffer in the window.
>
> [...]
>
> I'd like:
>
> ```
> Normal Faces
> Normal Faces
> Normal Faces
> Normal Faces
> Normal Faces
> Face indicating not part of buffer
> Face indicating not part of buffer
> ```
>
> Or something similar.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it would be a nice feature.  I'd prefer that over the current
indicators at the fringe.  And moreover, in some situations where
there isn't fringes (eg. on TTY sessions) this would be the only
option to visually show the boundary of the text.

So, I suggest you to report a feature request about this (M-x report-emacs-bug).

--
Dani Moncayo