RE: Modified isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modified isearch
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:28:37 -0800 (PST)

> What I want to do is to invoke normal isearch and isearch-regexp
> functions (forward functions at least), and have the mark reset to
> the beginning of the matched text.  Can anyone advise me of the
> way to achieve this?

Yes, just use Isearch+:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IsearchPlus#isearchp-set-region-flag

Set option `isearchp-set-region-flag' to non-nil.
That automatically sets the region around the last search target.

And you can toggle this behavior anytime during Isearch, using
`C-SPC' (bound to command `isearchp-toggle-set-region').

And you can manually set the region around the last search
target using `M-x set-region-around-search-target'.