Re: which rpm to install

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: which rpm to install
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:12:05 +0100

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com writes:

> what are 'common' and 'src' in the various rpm files?

Debian, which I use, uses dpkg, and not RPM like Red
Hat and its sibling Fedora - however, 'src' does sound
like the the Elisp source (the corresponding emacs24-el
package on Debian) and 'common' sounds like
emacsen-common. You can use your package manager to
find out more, for example, in Debian, I type 'aptitude
show', and for emacsen-common, I read:

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573