Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:34:24 -0500

Hi Rob,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Rob Kinsey <psycho.dynamics@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having a little trouble getting gdb to work inside emacs on OSX Mavericks. I
> know it is installed, as it runs ok in the terminal, but if I try to debug a
> program in emacs, I get the message:
>
> Searching for program: No such file or directory, gdb
>
> So far my research has led be to understand that although the native front
> end is starting, emacs is not actually finding gdb itself. How can I link
> these two programs together, I have also tried searching though the emacs
> preferences to no avail.
>
> Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Sounds like your PATH in a shell and your Emacs exec-path don't agree.
Might you be using GUI Emacs?

If so, you'll need to make sure that you either muck with the
exec-path so that it contains a reference to the install location of
gdb _or_ do something like editing your launchd.conf file so that all
processes get the new PATH information.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.