RE: Trying to right-align my window on startup

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Trying to right-align my window on startup
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:02:12 -0800 (PST)

> > > ?  (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(top . 0))
> >
> > Sheesh.  Just use `M-x customize-option default-frame-alist'.
>
> Sheesh, why do you care how I set up my Emacs?

Was that from your ~/.emacs, Eli?  No, in that case, I don't care.
I thought it was from someone who might not know better. ;-)

My advice, in general, is that Customize is one's friend - it helps.
Yes, that is a simplistic, general statement.  No, Customize is not
for everything.

But (IMHO) too many people ignore Customize, often because they've
gotten the impression somehow that it is for non-Lispers or wimps.
Quite the contrary, IMO.

When you can use Customize easily to get the job done, do so.
That's my advice.  When it cannot do the job, don't use it.