Emacs was compiled without networking support

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Emacs was compiled without networking support
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:54:14 +0100

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that I only can reproduce in Ecukes (
https://github.com/ecukes/ecukes). I have no idea why I cannot reproduce
this in a simple way.

If I use `url-retrieve-synchronously' in an Ecukes step I get this error (a
step is basically an anonymous function):

  Emacs was compiled without networking support

(I can require `url' in the step without any error)

The weird thing here is that if I print `(featurep 'make-network-process)'
on the top level in the file that defines the steps, the value is true. But
if I print it in a step, the value is false.

How is it possible that Emacs network support varies dependent of where I
check? It is the exact same Emacs process that prints the different
results. How is that possible?

Any hints?