RE: select text without moving the point in graphical interface

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: select text without moving the point in graphical interface
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 12:24:54 -0800 (PST)

> > > one of the things I like about running emacs in a terminal is that I can
> > > select text without moving the point; is it possible to do the same when
> > > running in a graphical interface (GTK)?
> >
> > yes
>
> How?

How do you do it in Emacs in terminal mode?  Same way, I guess.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.  Why don't you provide
a recipe of the behavior you are looking for, which you already
enjoy when "running emacs in a terminal"?

I thought you were asking whether you can ever select text in Emacs
without moving the cursor.  The answer to that is yes, you can
sometimes, and regardless of whether Emacs is in console mode or
uses a graphical interface.

An example: `C-M-SPC' selects the sexp that follows point, without
moving point.