Re: Gnus does not see new mail in Maildirs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus does not see new mail in Maildirs
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:18:32 +0100

Alexis Praga <alexispraga@mailoo.org> writes:

> When fetching new mails with 'g', Gnus does not see
> the new mail in my inbox and I have to restart it in
> order to show them.
>
> New mail arrive in ~/Mail/inbox/new and Gnus moves it
> automatically to ~/Mail/inbox/cur.  Also, the 'inbox'
> group disappears when fetch new mail !  Here's my
> config :
>
> (setq
>         gnus-select-method '(nnmaildir "" (directory "~/Mail/"))
>         mail-sources '((maildir :path "~/Mail/inbox/"
> :subdirs ("cur" "new")))
> )

Do you insist on using nnmaildir? I use nnml (never
heard of nnmaildir, although sounds sort of the same)
and never had this problem, so I don't know. I remember
it was very easy to setup mail for Gnus after talking
to a guy on this list.

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml ""))
      mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent
      read-mail-command 'gnus)

But if you want to stick to nnmaildir I can't help
you. You know of gnu.emacs.gnus, of course?

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573