Re: Need help debuging my `.emacs` file

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Need help debuging my `.emacs` file
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:37:19 +0000

> eccstartup <zhiwudazhanjiangshi@gmail.com> writes:
>
> This line:
>
>> (require 'package)
>
> is the problem. I also get:

No it isn't :-) With emacs 24, that should work.

>> File error: Cannot open load file, package
>
> Because I don't have it, and neither do you.

You don't have it, but perhaps *his* Emacs just can't  find it! What OS are
you using, OP?

>> Should I download a package.el from http://marmalade-repo.org/ ?
>
> Yes

No - not until you are sure it isn't already there somewhere on the
system.  Any 'package.el' on marmalade is not necessarily the package.el
which  comes bundled with emacs 24.

atb

Glyn