utf8

From: Denise Chemla
Subject: utf8
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:26:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody,

I am french, I use intensively gnu-emacs but I don't know it too much. I
probably click on bad keys from my keyboard and now, each time I want to save
my file using ctrl-s, emacs tells me something like "please confirm your
encoding is well utf-8-unix" and only after I write all the letters U T F - 8 -
U N I X, it saves my work. I am completely tired to type all those letters at
each time I save.

Could you help me, telling me what I made wrong ?

Sincerely yours,

Denise Chemla